Ship Modeling Empire
March 29, 2024, 12:25:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home Help Arcade Ship Simulator Forum IRI5HJ4CK's Towing Service Staff List Login Register  

Kerkythea, Questions and Answers. (FAQ)

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kerkythea, Questions and Answers. (FAQ)  (Read 371 times)
IRI5HJ4CK
« on: July 23, 2009, 08:24:29 am »

The basic's:

What on earth is this, "Kerkythea"?

Kerkythea is a piece of advanced rendering software, which is free to download and use. I myself have been using it for many months now, to render my projects. One of my Projects being "Monarch" (See in the 3D Model's section).

Now that I know what it does, what is it capable of, and what can I use it for?

Kerkythea is capable of pretty much anything you want it to do, bearing in mind that it can only be as capable as the person that is using it. You can also use Kerkythea for anything at all, it will render any 3D model that you want it to, and you can put your model in various situations, for example, if I wanted to render a ship, I could render it in water. Or, if I wanted to render a Car, I could render it on a concrete ground. Kerkythea is also capable if rendering in many different shades and settings, an example of this would be the amount of type's of "Sky Surroundings" that you can put your model in. You could put your model in sunset, mid day etc. etc......

I've rendered my model...but I'd like to have some form of lighting-is this possible?
Kerkythea can render with lights. Here's one that I did (Taken from my Monarch topic).

You probably noticed that this is in an "Environment". Any model can be placed in total darkness, and generally the lights (in this case) have a better effect on the surrounding's, e.g. Shadows:

Depending on what 3D modelling software that you are using, you can implement the lights in several different ways. The best way to implement them is with a special plugin(s), with sketchup, there is a plugin that allow's you to place the lights. A Tutorial from me will come soon to explain this.

I've downloaded Kerkythea-Where are the water and sky options?
To have these options, you need to download another two patches from the website, I shall link these in this topic soon for your use.

When I import my model into Kerkythea, why is my model "White lines"?
This is the 3D mesh of your model, to change this, you need to do the following:
*View
 *Ajust
   *Solid Rendering
Once you have done this, your model should appear as it was in your 3D Modelling software.

Why is it that when I've rendered my model, my window's aren't transparant?

There are many possible reasons for this in Sketchup, they are listed below.

*You've used a texture in Sketchup for the window's
*You haven't used a one of the transparant "Glass" texture's that comes with Sketchup
*You've used a solid colour

More FAQ's and information to come

Kind Regards,
Jack.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: